Diana Lam ’20 is the College Government President. Originally from Arcadia, CA, she majors in Peace and Justice Studies and minors in Economics.
Welcome back, and cheers to the beginning of a fresh semester! As a senior, this is a bittersweet moment, but I am looking forward to another chance to serve our community. This semester, Cabinet will rotate the column among our group, so you will be able to hear from more voices. Next week, Avery Restrepo ’20 (Committee for Political and Legislative Awareness Chair) will take over.
I am excited to announce that College Government Elections will kick off shortly. If you are interested in becoming a candidate for one of the nine Cabinet positions, or to run a Ballot Question or Ballot Initiative, then please plan to attend at least one information session. Here are the dates for the College Government Elections schedule:
- Information Session #1 – Wednesday, February 19 from 6 to 7 in PNE 216
- Information Session #2 – Thursday, February 27 from 1 to 2 in the Lulu Resource Room
- Statements of Intent – submit to email@example.com by Sunday, March 1 at 11:59
- Timespan for Active Campaigning – Wednesday, March 4 at 8 to Wednesday, March 11 at 11:59
- Debate #1 – Wednesday, March 4 from 6:30 to 8 in McAfee Dining Hall
- Candidate Crawl – Tuesday, March 10 from 8 to 10 in House Councils
- Debate #2 – Wednesday, March 11 from 6:30 to 8 in Tishman Commons
- Election Day – Thursday, March 12 from 8 to 8 online
Finally, please note that Senate drop-in hours resumed this week. In an effort to try to reach more of the campus, we are splitting our location. You can still find us from 4 to 6 each week, from Mondays through Thursdays, but we are now located in Lulu on Mondays and Wednesdays and in Bates on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
If you have any general questions, feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com regarding College Government Elections.
All the best,